Monday, May 27, 2013

Headed to Brookstone Again

I received a Wi-Fi Scanner Wand as a gift and was excited to use it. I would now be able to scan photographs making it so much easier than taking a photo of a photo.  Little did I know that it would take many miles, some frustration, purchasing cards, and special help to get it to work. It seems that I am learning about the scanner bit by bit.

Driving to Brookstone at Flatirons mall (the only one near me) I spoke with two young salesmen.  "Do you have a card?" They asked.  "No, I don't believe it needs one," I answered. "Yes, you do need a card," and they pointed to the information on the box, "stores images on micro SD card up to 32 GB (card required, not included).  Brookstone did not sell cards and it was suggested to go to Wal-Mart or Target.  I mentioned that the slot for the SD card was small and my computer did not have a slot that tiny.  "Oh, you will need an adapter also."

At Target I found a package with the SD card and two adapters. I hurried home to use my scanner wand. No matter how I tried to insert the SD card it went in at an angle. I tried following the instructions and after many attempts, I gave up.

Today, I drove to Brookstone again.  Luckily, I was helped by Eric, a cheerful and attentive young man. When he put the card into the wand it also went in at an angle.  Before long, I noticed he flipped it over and put it in what appeared to be upside down, yet, it worked. He struggled a bit to get the wand to scan but being young and electronic knowledgeable he was able to figure it out.  He had me give it a try and even though it worked for him I could not get it to work for me.

It was very frustrating yet he was patient and had me try it with more
 pressure, less pressure, slower then faster until I got it to work twice. He gave me his phone number and suggested I try scanning a photo at home and if it didn't work to call him and he would talk me through the process.

Isn't it strange that once something is understood, it becomes easy. The orangutan is my very first scanned picture.  Yippee!

"I hear and I forget,
I see and I remember,
I do and I understand." 

Confucius

No comments:

Post a Comment