Monday, May 6, 2013

Drive Throughs

Jay Leno is a master at poking fun at how lazy Americans are getting. I know comedians exaggerate so I take his kidding with a grain of salt. That is, until today when I started my day at Starbucks with a hot Chai. I drove up to the window, placed my order, paid and was off to do my errands for the day.

The post office was my first stop.  I drove up to the four mail boxes and dropped off my mail. Payment for my water bill took a few seconds and I did not have to leave my car. I took some clothing to the thrift store and sat in my car while two men emptied my trunk. I had two books to return to the library and drove by the outside drop off and dropped the books into the bin. Off to my credit union to withdraw some money. I opened the small plastic door on a long tube, placed my request and driver's license inside the tube, pushed a button and my information was swooshed away.  Before long, I received my money through the same tube.  I drove away and headed to the drugstore where I was to pick up my prescription.  After giving the pharmacist the information she needed, I waited in my car until she handed me a white package with my medicine through the pick up window.

I had spent most of the morning driving from one drive through to another and pulling up to an Arby's drive through I ordered a Reuben Sandwich, fries and a drink.  Driving to a nearby park I sat in my car and ate my lunch.  When my phone rang, I sat in my car and talked using the speakers of my car.  If anyone had been watching me they would have sworn I was a crazy lady talking to herself!

Heading to the laundry, I drove up and handed off my cotton blouses, that I refuse to iron, through the drive up window. Stopped off at the liquor store to buy a bottle of wine to give as a gift and I didn't even have to leave my car since I knew the name of the wine.  The Merlot was delivered to my car window! Arriving home I parked my car, entered the house, and after my busy morning, I was tired.  I sat down to watch television.  From my couch with my feet propped up, the only movement was my finger pressing the remote buttons.  After about an hour I decided it was time to move around and clean house, do the dishes, vacuum, but when I passed my computer, I sat down and began writing my blog. My blog for the day is about how I keep gaining weight and I can't figure out why!

No comments:

Post a Comment