Elk are all over the town of Estes and I have captured quite a few pictures of elk as they wander casually through the parks, roads, pastures, or motels. Many seem to have lost their fear of humans and photographers can be seen clicking away at herds of elk.
Chipmunks, scamper around on the rocks and roots, but sometimes they stop to watch the photographers while nibbling on a potato chip.
I remember driving over Trail Ridge Road the day after it opened. My jeep was dwarfed beside the gigantic snow drift. Even though I have lived in Colorado all my life, I had never seen so much snow.
A highlight was seeing a moose in Grand Lake. My nick name when I played basketball and volleyball in high school was "Moose," so I have always wanted to see a real life moose. Even though I have traveled to Canada, various places in the Rocky Mountains, Yellowstone, the east coast and Alaska, I have never seen one. Finally, in Grand Lake, right in the back yard of where I was staying, I saw a real live moose as he came down to the lake to get a drink of water.
"Every creature is better alive than dead,
men, moose, and pine trees, and he who
understands it aright will rather preserve
its life than destroy it."
Henry David Thoreau
No comments:
Post a Comment