Friday, May 2, 2014

Something For Nothing

I feel great. Maybe I should feel this way all the time, but today I feel as if I got something for free. I know the old saying of "you get what you pay for," or "if it's too good to be true, it isn't." Let me tell you about my morning and you can decide if I got a good deal!

My 2013 Honda has a screen on the dashboard and on the screen, every time I started the car, a message would pop up. "Service needed soon." This morning I took my car to the dealer to get the maintenance work done. I also had a card I had been sent in the mail letting me know the service would not cost me. In the past, every time I have taken my car to be serviced, I have had to pay something.

I left my car with the mechanic and had many thoughts running through my mind.  What if they do something to my car, as I have seen scams on television, and then tell me I will need certain repairs.  What if the worker on my car is tired, hungover, or lazy and will not do a good job. What if, what if? I waited in the reception area with many other persons and one by one we were called to pick up our cars. When my turn came I knew I was going to be told something I did not want to hear.

"Well, we changed the oil, topped off the fluids, rotated your tires and your car is ready to go." I waited for the "but." But, there wasn't any.  He mentioned my car was as good as a brand new car.  I told him it had sat in my garage for about four months and he said, "Well maybe that is why it seems like a new car even though it is a year old." He handed me the paperwork and said, "Oh, and you have a free car wash at Ocean Express about eight blocks from here. You will get the twelve dollar wash with our compliments."

I thanked the man and left feeling good. I drove to the large, blue and white car wash. There must have been twenty-four or more vacuum spots with two hoses at each spot. Already most of them were taken so I could see the car wash was doing a booming business. As I sat in my car I watched soap, water, and air land on my car.I did notice that compared to other car washes, the brushes are larger and come at the car from different angles, and the soap is in beautiful colors and the air blows stronger to dry the car.




My car is looking and feeling good and I am feeling great. Somehow, it's a first for me to get something so wonderful so early in the morning and not have to pay something. I am not sure, but I believe that when I purchased the car, servicing the car was one of the promotions. For me it is just another case that God is looking out for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment