Monday, November 24, 2014

Half and Half

My world was cut in half today. I left the house to a beautiful, sunny day and traveled four blocks and encountered a weird snowstorm. How could this be, I thought, it was as if a line had been drawn to separate the weather in two.

The snow, at first looked like hail, but it was tight, teeny-tiny balls of snow. It had covered some lawns and the road was white. At first I thought someone had spilled something on the street and was shocked to see that it was snow. I had traveled from a clear, bright day into a dark and snowy day. And it was all within a few blocks!

Getting my camera, I took some pictures which do not give credit to the amazing change in the weather! The snow against the dark sky reminded me of many stars falling toward the ground. God does create some unusual scenes!



The clouds on the east side were in different shades of  grey and white, while the west side was clear, sunny and bright.


I drove to Regis University to try to get up high to get a good picture and some of the students were gathering  handfuls of snow to throw at each other.

The snow did not last long but I did see cars with their hoods covered in snow, the shoulder of the road had snow, and the streets were wet where the snow had melted.

I was going to give my blogging a rest today, but when I see something so unusual, I just have to blog about it!

"My world sliced in half
allowed me to enjoy
a summer day
a snowy day
in the month of November."
E. Moscoso
November 24, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment