pulled apart the cylinders to get to the sweet stuff and bent the stands." On the window there was a round smudge and that happened to be the nose of the bear, probably as he sniffed the glass as he tried to figure out how to get into the cabin!
see, in the picture I took it is difficult to see the bear. I can't even see it in the picture and I know where the elusive bear was as he headed into the green trees and bushes. If I look closely, I can see it as he ran away. Look at the second line on the left of the window screen toward the bottom. That is the bear, believe it or not!
On another day I saw a graceful deer trotting along a path right next to the Colorado River. Some dogs began barking and spooked the deer before I could get my camera to take a picture.
As I started home, I noticed many cars parked along the side of the road and people pointing cameras into the marshes. "What is it?" I asked. "It's a moose," I was told. I joined everyone along the side of the road and before long I could see an antlered head. Slowly, it ate the greenery and did not appear to even be aware of the people taking photos. It was raining but that did not deter me, or others, as we waited until he was almost out in the open. I have traveled to Canada, Yellowstone National Park and Alaska to see a moose but it seems the only place I am able to spot one is in the Grand Lake area.
I also saw some chipmunks yet they moved too fast for me to take a picture. This picture came from the internet.
"The continued existence of
wildlife and wilderness
is important to the quality
of life in humans."

No comments:
Post a Comment