Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Checking Out DIA

Denver International Airport, for me, is one of the most beautiful and unusual airports. I love the mountain like canvas peaks and the murals on the walls. The addition of the new hotel, though I believe it takes away from the beauty of the airport, is a gargantuan odd shaped building. The Plaza area is breezy and people can sit at picnic tables or wander through the large area. There was a flyer announcing a free movie which can be watched by people waiting for their flights.  I noticed a man asleep on one of the cement benches so I figure the plaza can be used in many different ways. On the Internet I learned a room for one night is $349 plus tax so it makes me wonder how many persons will be staying there. Also makes me wonder if there are enough rich persons that will be able to spend the night at the Weston Hotel at DIA.

When my granddaughter arrived to visit me we wandered around and took some pictures of the airport. I could tell she was not really into it but she wanted to make me happy so she consented to letting me take her picture!
 




 


The weird decorations move with the wind and reminded me of reeds near a river. I am not sure if they are decorative pieces or possibly something useful.

Our ride home on the Arvada A Line was entertaining because of the friendly driver who had two flags on a head band. Every time she moved her head the flags danced on top of her head. Very patriotic and proper on the 4th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment