Every one fixed their own breakfast, while still in their pajamas, and I had a yogurt, toast and juice.
Our next stop was to drive to the town of Grand Lake to see the large lake. The area was crowded with tourists and we tried to hire a boat but there was a conflict with times and weather. It seems that in early afternoon the clouds appear and it rains almost daily and we did not want to be out on a boat if there was going to be thunder and lighting! On the lake I could see paddle boats, speed boats and pontoon boats with happy people or they seemed happy because they all had pleasant expression of their faces!
Lunch was our next option and what a surprise I got when I found out that the Colorado River runs through Grand Lake. We had lunch at the Rapids Restaurant and we ate in a gazebo right next to the river. Is there anything nicer than sitting by a rushing river, flowers blooming in pots, good food, (elk meat for some), friends and seeing a wild deer?
After lunch some went to get, what I am told, homemade ice-cream of unusual flavors and one dip costs $5.00. Others returned to the house where tables were set up for a game of pinochle. I, who am not a card player, learned a new game called "The Dumb Game." I also played dominoes but was happy when we called it quits!
Three of us said our good-byes to the four engrossed in their card game and we started down the mountain in the cloudy and rainy afternoon. We did see a moose, lots of fog, a rainbow, and more rain until we got over Berthoud Pass. We thanked God for getting us home safely and now I have memories of a fun time at Grand Lake!
No comments:
Post a Comment