Thursday, October 13, 2016

A Park Within A Park

The size of Majestic View Park in Arvada amazed me. Today I took a walk through the park and found other trails that led me on dirt paths, open spaces, a bird sanctuary, and to a small lake. There were a few dirt trails I did not venture on because they looked as if they were down hill and I knew I would have to come back up. That curbed by enthusiasm to investigate further!

The Nature Center has a large stuffed bob cat and other smaller animals, plus information about wild life in the area, pictures of birds, and Tai Chi classes in the outdoor patio. School children come in buses to learn about nature which is taught by volunteers. There is a dry erase board with names of what wild life was spotted at the park. There were four different birds and a coyote that someone had written down on the board. I hope I don't run into a coyote!

Areas with different grasses, plants, shrubs, and flowers are labeled to let one know what is planted along the walkways.  Evidently, there are different birds but I did not see any.
In the distance I saw what looked like a black and white owl. It had pointed ears but the more I looked I decided it was a large cat.

One path led me to a flagstone pit where, I would guess, small gatherings could meet. I liked the wide cement walkways which makes it easier to walk with other people and not feel crowded. I know I will return to see what else the park has to offer because I know I did not see it all. Made me proud to know that my town had such an elegant place for people to visit.

There are benches along the way where one can sit, relax and enjoy the beautiful view.











"Love of beauty is taste.
The creation of beauty is art."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


1 comment: