Sunday, October 23, 2016

What Is Meant to Be

Sometimes, things that happen are either strange, coincidences or acts of God. Here is what happened this past week. You figure out how this came about!

October 18: I called a friend and suggested taking another friend, going in for knee surgery, out to lunch. "I have a gift certificate and a coupon for Ruby Tuesday's." Her answer was: "I don't think she likes Ruby Tuesday because she got ill when eating there once, and she has a Groupon for Jack n Grill she wants to use before the end of the month." I did not say anymore because years ago I also got sick after eating at Ruby Tuesday.

October 20: Four us met at AMC theater in Westminster and saw the movie Girl On the Train. After the movie three of them went to Jack n Grill to use the Groupon but I could not go because I had another commitment.

My thought was that since I would be going out with my granddaughter on Monday, October 24, that I would use the coupon and gift certificate and take her to Ruby Tuesday.

October 23: I went to the 12:15 mass and as I was leaving the church my friend going in for knee surgery  happened to be there. I asked her if she wanted to go to lunch and we tried to come up with places to eat. I told her I needed a place with a good salad.  Imagine my surprise when she said, "How about Ruby Tuesday?"

We went to the Ruby Tuesday Restaurant in Arvada and I enjoyed a salad, grilled salmon and zucchini while she had a large salad. I couldn't help thinking that my original thought of taking her to lunch had come true.  Was it a coincidence or what was meant to be, happened.

Our lunch did not cost us a thing (she did put down a tip) and we had an interesting and fun conversation. And I still have about seven dollars on my gift card! Maybe I will take my granddaughter there tomorrow!


"Coincidence is God's
way of being anonymous."
Laura Pedersen

2 comments:

  1. Glad that you got to go to lunch with her as you weren't able to join us after the movie. It all worked out well in the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was one of those serendipity moments!

    ReplyDelete