Monday, November 7, 2016

Advice Whether Wanted or Not

My philosophy is more or less, in some cases more than others, to live and let live. Yet, I do have one piece of advice I would like to pass on to you. At the death of my son, I began looking for photos to prepare a photo board. I give thanks to God for the many pictures I have found. Before new technology of phones being cameras, I tried to snap photos of everything around me. Some of my family members would get upset because I was always taking pictures. "All right, already," they would say to me.

In this day and age there is no reason not to take photos and I do see people holding their cameras up as they capture something that appeals to them. I laughed at this cartoon from the Internet and thought how true it would be if cell phones were available then!

Image result for cell phone pictures of red sea crossing

For the past few days, I have looked through my flash drives and files and somehow, I have felt very close to my son. From the picture of his birth to the latest pictures of him in the hospital I have a good
variety of him as he grew up and became a man. I cry as I remember when the picture was taken and I smile at the memories of the good times we used to have.

 Above is his very first picture (which I did not take)
and the last photo I took of him with his daughter.
This is my advice to you: Take pictures every chance you get. Those pictures become wonderful reminders of the lives of family and friends. And if some day you want to prepare a memory board, see a friend or a relative as they were and spend time reminiscing you will have the photos at your fingertips!

No comments:

Post a Comment