Friday, November 4, 2016

Something Interesting Happened Today

Around my house, I have a few pottery pieces my son used to throw. They range from large to smaller pieces. 




With the passing of my son, I decided to have him cremated and I thought it would be nice to use one of his pots for an urn. I looked around and found one that was the correct size. Some were too fat or too tall and the only thing lacking on the one I picked was a lid. I shook the pot to see if anything could have been placed in side and it appeared empty. I put the pot in a bag and took it to the Arvada Center where they have pottery classes and I thought they might make me a lid. I explained that my son had passed away and I needed a lid for the pot.

I will back up in my story to let you know that I ordered some prayer cards for my son. I chose St. Francis of Assisi. The prayer is Make Me An Instrument of Your Peace and I chose it because it is mentioned in the AA book and it is one of my favorite prayers.

As the two men who work on pottery looked at the pot one said he could make a lid for it while the other man said, "There is something inside the pot." He reached in and found a small crucifix and a tiny wooden book. The red wooden cover is less than an inch tall and about the size of a thumb from the knuckle to the nail.  I opened the book and there was St. Francis. Goose bumps formed on my arms and one of the lady's said, "Looks like your son agrees with your decision to use his pot for his ashes!"




Strange because I thought I had checked the pot to make sure nothing was inside, yet there was St. Francis inside the pot. My daughter said, "His spirit is near you." Gives me comfort that he is near!

Lord, make me an instrument of Thy peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, pardon.
Where there is doubt, faith.
Where there is despair, hope.
Where there is darkness, light;
and where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, grant that I may
not so much seek to be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand,
To be loved, as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive,
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.
Amen



No comments:

Post a Comment