The laundry room is in my basement or as some call it, the garden level room. I have lived in the house for fifty-one years and have never seen what I saw this morning. On my washer, a gorgeous braid of turquoise, bluish-grey and light lavender popped up on the front of the washer. It was beautiful and my first thought was it must be my son saying good morning to me. Letting me know he is all right. The beautiful colors made me feel good. My curiosity got the better of me and I tried to find out how the light had reflected on the washer.
No matter which way I moved I could not find the source of the reflection. The further away I moved I either blocked the image or it continued to seem to swirl on the washer. After a few minutes I found the source of my vision. In one of the rooms where the sun was shining in, it hit the blue robe of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. The large picture is from St. Peter's church in Greeley, Colorado and it belonged to my parents and when they left this earth, I inherited the large picture. It hangs in the unused room but this morning He let me know He is there for me. That picture sent a ray into the laundry room causing the beautiful, smoky looking colors.
My first thought was what a wonderful blog this would make. I came upstairs, found my camera and rushed back down to get proof of my morning vision. It was gone. There was no more sun hitting the picture and it had returned to normal.
Then, I thought, this vision was just for me to enjoy without getting a photo of it. God is good. He brings happiness when it is least expected. He watches over us and gives us hints of joy when we need it. Thank you, Dear God, I appreciate everything you do for me. The vision will always be in my mind and heart. Thank You over and over again for your kindness. I know my son is safe in your arms. Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment