On my trip to Greeley, Colorado today, I saw lots of people roaming among the white tents. I parked and walked over to join the crowd and found out it was a Farmer's Market. I walked up and down the single aisle and checked out the vegetables, soaps, burrito stand, fresh green chili being roasted, wood carvings, candles, peaches, knit caps, and just about anything I might need. A lady entertained with her violin and I noticed her violin case had quite a few dollars in it! A book mobile was parked for anyone wishing to get a book. I did not know what an Apiary was but I liked the sign: Finding the sacred in the simple. (I looked it up and the dictionary refers to it as a place where bees are kept. Yet, in a blurb on the Internet, there is an antique store called The Apiary so my guess is that the word can be used for a collection of items and not just bees.)
Everything looked so yummy that on my way home from Greeley I stopped at Lulu's Outdoor Roadside Market near Brighton and bought some green roasted chili, four ears of corn, two cucumbers, and four peaches. This place was crowded also and I am beginning to think that Farmer's Markets are where to go to buy fresh food! It certainly seems to be less expensive than grocery stores.
No comments:
Post a Comment