Later, I purchased a CD and that worked so much better. My favorite saying was that I "slept with Julio every night." I don't remember why I stopped listening to him. Maybe I wasn't having trouble sleeping. I have been told that my head hits the pillow and I am out. I was asked, "How do you fall asleep so fast?" I shrug and say, "Lucky, I guess."
Then I began to have problems falling asleep. It seemed the elusive sleep was on a schedule of it's own. Sometimes I would go to bed at eleven and be awake at one and unable to fall back to sleep.
I recall my father telling me he could not sleep but if he started to watch television, he would fall into deep sleep. The minute he went to bed, he was wide-eyed and unable to sleep. Was this sleeping pattern hereditary? I seemed to be doing the exact same thing.
About a month ago I was going through my CD's and found The Relaxation Collection of soft, relaxing music. Surely this will put me to sleep, I thought. I listened to the whole CD and finally got up to read since I could not sleep. Three days ago, I found Julio Iglesias, My Life of his greatest hits. I put the CD into place and before the fourth song I was asleep. For three days I have been sleeping normally and have Julio to thank. Because I like the songs he is singing, I try to stay awake to hear them all but so far I have not heard the last fourteen songs.
Once again, Julio is helping me sleep, so once again, I can say I am sleeping with Julio!
Here is the list of the songs that help me sleep:
To All The Girls I've Loved Before
Moralito
All of You
Crazy
My Love
Can't Help Falling in Love
Vincent
When I Need You
Crazy in Love
Fragile
When You Tell Me that You Love Me
Caruso
Smoke Gets in Your eyes
Summer Wind
Por El Amor De Una Mujer
Moonlight Lady
My Way
Me Va, Me Va
The Relaxation CD works wonders for me! Or one called The Secret Garden or Tranquility...puts me right out.
ReplyDelete