Then. the following day Colorado was hit by the Blizzard of 2019. Wind, snow, drifts, branches breaking, electrical wires down and freezing cold arrived and buried the crocuses. It seemed that many businesses closed for two days. Schools and my church were closed but since I did not venture out for two days I don't know what else closed down because of the weather.
The song of "What A Difference A Day Makes" ran through my head as I kept looking out all day on Tuesday as the storm raged outside. Amazing how flowers were blooming one day and disappeared from view the next day. Today, on Friday, two days after the storm, the sun is shining, it is warm, driveway and sidewalks are clean and the streets are dry. I guess the old saying of it's Colorado weather is true. We never know what to expect!
And those sturdy yellow blossoms are still there! They just waited until the snow melted to pop up again and remind me that spring is near!
"Snowing is an attempt of God
to make the dirty world look clean."
Mehmet Murat IIdan
crocus are certainly hardy and look pretty peaking through the snow.
ReplyDeleteWell,here we are on April 10th and another spring storm/blizzard is bearing down on us. Spring snow storms are no uncommon in Colorado, but this is the second "bomb cyclone" in the last few weeks.
ReplyDelete