King Sooper's store would be open at 7:00 a.m. for the elderly or high risk persons and I wanted to be one of the first customers. When I arrived, I noticed that the parking lot was full. Many people must have had the same idea! I was disappointed that there were no sanitizing wipes to wipe down the cart and when I asked I was told, "We are out of them." I found that odd, because that would be the first line of defense against the coronavirus but maybe King Soopers did not believe the importance of having the wipes available to their patrons.
I found pretty much what I needed but Lysol, Clorox, or Disinfecting Wipes were not available. The shelves where those items should have been were completely empty. I did find sugar-less cough drops, Vicks, and cough medicine just in case I ran out of my supply at home! I overheard one man say he had been in the lot at 6:00 a.m. waiting for the store to open so he could get some toilet paper. Evidently about twenty persons found toilet paper before the store ran out of the TP necessity! Since I was not in need for toilet paper I felt bad for those that might need some and couldn't find it.
It seems to be, if Seniors are given an early time to shop that the store should also have been stocked. Maybe they are running out of certain items and are not able to restock!
The line to check out was about fifteen or more people waiting in line. I patiently waited for about forty-minutes before I was checked out. The clerk told me she had been working for fifteen hours straight with no lunch break. Even with all the time she had been working, she was cheerful, peppy and friendly. Behind her, on an empty counter I saw a container of disinfecting wipes. I asked, "Is that container of wipes behind you, is it empty?" She turned and opened the container and pulled one out and gave it to me. I wiped my cart, my keys, my car door handle, the steering wheel, parking brake, shift gear, and any thing I may have touched or was intending to touch. When I got home I wiped my door knob and my garage door opener.
My journey to the grocery store ended in about one hour and now I am safely home. Hopefully, I have enough food to last me a few weeks and maybe by then the quarantine will have ended.
"You've got bad eating habits if
you use a grocery cart in 7-Eleven."
Dennis Miller
No comments:
Post a Comment