If anything is going to conquer the Coronavirus that has spread world-wide, it is going to be a world- wide prayer. I remember the Aids epidemic and how bad it was, but not as bad as this current one. With Aids, only certain persons seemed to be affected. With this virus it is hitting everyone! No one seems to know how or when it will strike.
When I read about movie stars, athletes, travel, grandparents, children, teens, and the latest report was that Prince Charles had been tested and found to have the virus, I realize there does not seem to be any rhyme or reason. People are isolating themselves and nursing homes, churches, movie theaters, gambling casinos or large gatherings are no longer happening. Grocery stores have certain hours allotted for at risk people. Banks and credit union lobbies are closed. People are depending on the Internet to do their business. I wonder what would happen if the Internet system went down. I get a sick feeling just thinking about how scary that would be not being able to communicate by phone or computer. Being alone, the Internet is my source of connecting with others.
When I got the message that the Pope was asking everyone to join him in prayer at a certain time, I was ready. As I prayed the Our Father, knowing others were also praying, I was filled with emotion and tears came to my eyes. May God hear our joined plea for help! May this nightmare soon end. May family and friends stay safe and healthy. Amen
"We have therefore made the
assessment that COVID-19 can
be characterized as a pandemic."
Tedros Ghebreyesus
Director-General of the World Health Organization
No comments:
Post a Comment