Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Feeling Special

After a horrible night with no sleep I went to bed this morning and slept until noon. When I woke up I felt energetic and when I saw what a beautiful day it was with the blue sky and bright sun, I decided to go out. I had some letters to mail and I needed gas. I dropped off my mail at the out door mail box and slid my water bill into the Arvada box. That saved me fifty cents!


There weren't too many cars on the road and when I arrived at the Costco gas pumps, I drove right up. This was a first for me because I usually have to wait my turn to get gas. That was the first inkling that gave me a feeling of being special. A young man came by and sprayed the front of the pump. How neat, disinfecting the pumps was a special touch! The Costco parking lot had cars but I have shopped before and had to drive around looking for a spot. I decided to do some shopping at Costco. Outside the store I waited with about ten people. They let in about fifty persons at a time. When I got my grocery cart to enter the store, a lady was spraying and wiping it down. I thanked her as she continued her job of making sure the carts were sanitized. Hey, that also made me feel special!

I entered the store after showing my card to the lady at the entrance. Nothing had changed, displays were pretty much like they had always been. I noticed there weren't any people buying clothes but as I neared the food section there were more people. Everyone looked healthy. No one was wearing a mask. Everyone kept their distance. I knew what I wanted and picked up what I needed plus other items that were on sale. They were out of cleaning supplies, especially the disinfectant wipes and Lysol. I saw about four workers in different parts of the store with spray bottles cleaning handles and displays as they kept everything disinfected. There were no sample food people and I was glad. Costco really is trying to keep everyone safe from the Coronavirus. Maybe shopping will change in the future and it will be our new way of shopping!

There was no one at the check out line so I walked up and a clerk scanned everything in my buggy. There was no need to place anything on the conveyor belt. I paid and I headed toward the door. When I arrived at the exit the friendly clerk checked my items and with a smile sent my on my way. Wow, shopping at Costco made me feel special! I now have items that will last me a long time so I can hibernate for as long as it takes!

"I go to Costco every weekend. 
It's my favorite part of the week."
Jimmy Kimmel



No comments:

Post a Comment