We hooked up and there they were with their smiling faces. The cake looked beautiful and because of the Coronavirus, they had ordered the cake and then my son-in-law picked it up. I watched as my granddaughter blew out the candles while we sang Happy Birthday. They sliced the scrumptious looking cake that I was told was raspberry, chocolate and mousse. It did look delicious and my mouth did water but there is only so much one can do on Face Time! She then opened her gifts and before telling my family I loved them, my daughter took a picture. I had no idea how the picture would turn out but what a wonderful surprise when I saw it! It looks as if I am in a picture frame on their I-Pad. After I told them I loved them, we hung up. I virtually celebrated with them!
Modern technology is wonderful as it keeps us in touch with family and friends. I do not know how I would survive being in lock down if it weren't for my phone and computer. They sure do help pass the time as we isolate ourselves and stay in our homes!
"Wishing you a Happy Birthdays from afar
and may you enjoy your day.
Sending lots of love always
and especially on your 23rd birthday"
Grandma

No comments:
Post a Comment