For over an hour we messed around but I was never able to connect with the other people. "Joined the video chat, the video chat ended, joined the club, started sharing video," must have popped up over fifteen times as we attempted to get every one on the chat. One person, with an I-Phone, and I did manage to see each other and talk to each other but when she tried to add the other persons, I would be cut off. It didn't matter that I hit the "accept call," because nothing happened.
Later, another friend helped me update my Microsoft Edge and we are hoping that the update will be the answer to group talking!
My day was filled with surprises! Every time I went out side I found presents at my front door. The big surprise came when I received a call telling me to go outside and there was a car with three friends. I walked to the middle of my driveway and they sang Happy Birthday to me. It was wonderful seeing their smiling faces and I realized how much I am missing seeing them after three months in isolation! Tears of joy came to my eyes! When I thought my birthday celebrations, presents, cards, phone calls, texts, had come to an end, I went out to get my mail and found a beautiful planter with purple and white flowers at my front door!
My family in California and I did Face Time and they sang Happy Birthday while I blew out my candle! If we cannot be body to body with someone, the next best thing is a virtual get together! Even today, the day after my birthday, I received belated calls, two different persons sang Happy Birthday to me and I enjoyed four more cards from thoughtful friends!
My birthday would have been a quiet and lonely one if it had not been for my wonderful friends. I thank God for giving me such a thoughtful family and my dear friends who helped make my birthday special. And now I look forward to staying healthy and celebrating my birthday in 2021!
"I don't mind getting older;
it's a privilege denied to so many."
Chris Geiger
No comments:
Post a Comment