Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Uncertainty, Fright and Espionage

A spy in another country and about to get caught by rebel forces. Trying to find a way out. No way out, and then I wake up. Or needing to use a bathroom and none in sight! A shower in the middle of a bedroom, bed is getting wet and I can't find a towel. I've lost my camera and frantically look for it or just when I am going to take a picture I realize I do not have any film.  Recurring dreams with slight variations.




On CBS Sunday Morning there was an episode about how being in isolation is causing people to have strange and weird dreams. I agree because lately it seems that my dreams are more active with suspense and uncertainty. Last night I was in a foreign county, maybe a 3rd World country, poor
and different than the United States. I was visiting a friend (usually my dreams include a friend from Guadalajara, Mexico) and I am staying with her in a very humble hovel. I decide I want to buy my hosts a gift but I only have a certificate for one hundred dollars. I do not know the price for the money exchange. She brings a male friend to figure it out but I do not trust him. I figure I will give my host twenty dollars because that is a lot of money in their country. I go shopping at a large flea market type area and find a huge double mirror. I ask my friend if she thinks her mother would like the mirror and she nods yes, though I see in her eyes that she would rather have the money.

A party with local musicians will begin around eight that evening, but I do not drive at night yet I really want to attend the party. I ask my friend that if I show up at eight if I can spend the night so I don't have to drive in the dark. She agrees but I am uncomfortable sleeping on the floor even though the blankets are very colorful and beautiful and my thought is what if spiders or mice can attack me while I sleep on the floor. Wonder if driving in the dark would have been better than the fear I am feeling. And I wake up.

Maybe the Sunday Morning episode on dreams is true. I tried to draw some of my dreams but they turned out looking cute and more funny than scary! But, I think you get the picture!


"Dreams are most profound
when they seem the most crazy."
Sigmund Freud


No comments:

Post a Comment