There were many stories I enjoyed watching on Prime Videos but since I had Netflix I convinced myself that I did not miss the stories on Prime. Ordering from Amazon was not enough to justify the price of Prime. When I saw an ad that Prime could be tried for a month for free, I decided to return to use Prime. Maybe I could watch the movies or series I liked in three months and then cancel Prime.
Pulling my Kindle out of the drawer I charged it. The Kindle took a long time to charge, about 24 hours. Then began the fun. I had forgotten how to use it and though games, ads, music and videos popped up on the screen, I could not find books. I contacted Amazon and was directed to a help section. After fooling with the Kindle for what seemed like hours, I got on the right screen and ordered three free books. It is a three book series of life on the southwestern Indian reservation. The Vanished Series, Books 1-3.
The sad thing is that it takes me about twenty minutes before I can actually get to the story. No matter how much I slide and rub with thumb, forefinger, and all fingers the screen with books does not come up. When I do find it, I hate to turn the Kindle off because of the hardship of trying to get back to my story!
As I read on my Kindle I feel as if an old friend has returned and no longer am I spending time watching Netflix movies. It is true, that the written word is so much better than watching a video though when the Coronavirus hit hard, I could not get myself to read. A book that normally would take me on the average of three days to read took me over three months. Now I am back to reading and so far this story has grabbed my interest! What can I say, "I love my old friend!"
"Reading gives us someplace
to go when we have to stay
where we are."
Mason Cooley

No comments:
Post a Comment