Friday, August 21, 2020

Message From Hell

It is three in the morning and I am blogging because I have a heaviness of stomach, heart and soul. Yesterday Home Solutions sent a man to finish the floor in my bathroom. I liked him right away because he was professional sounding and he said that his M.O. was when no one else could do the job, he was called. Finally, I thought, someone who would finish putting in the floor. The first thing he brought in was a vacuum cleaner and that gave me a good feeling. He would clean up after putting in the floor. I heard banging, going in and out to get things from his truck, and then he said, "This box with the material has broken edges, and there is no way I can use them." He opened all the boxes, all had broken edges, and he was unable to proceed any further. I told him I did not want to hear any bad news regarding the floor. To me, bad news was news from hell!


He seemed sincerely sad that there was nothing he could do and I almost cried. There were two reasons I felt like crying. One was because the floor would not get done and two because the fellow was so sympathetic. It looked as if he wanted to cry also!   Paranoia floated into my brain and I wondered if a conspiracy between Home Depot and Home Solutions had decided they did not want to do my floor. It was a crazy thought floating around my head as the man, that I thought would complete the job, drove away!

I called Home Depot and explained what had happened and he said he had been notified by Home Solutions and he had received pictures of all three boxes with broken edges. I wondered if the material was so fragile, why wasn't it  packed better?  His comment that who ever picked up the boxes could have dropped them after leaving the store and this made me angry. The two young men who had worked on the floor earlier had pulled one slab out of the box and it was broken but they never checked to see if the other boxes were damaged or not. The young man did suggest I buy a different type of flooring, something about interlocking. He also said that the material was thin and staples would have to be hammered down and I would feel the bumps. I called Home Solutions and told them I wanted the staples pulled up and not hammered down. As I think about today's news, I had no way of knowing that the material that had been on my kitchen floor since July 7, 2020 was damaged. I canceled the order. Parry said he would cancel it.

 I went to Lowe's and ordered a new floor. I spent about an hour with the sales clerk going over size, color, etc. On Tuesday someone will come out to measure and the installation should take place in a couple of weeks. I am trying to stay positive though some parts of me has doubtful thoughts lurking around! Three months seems a long time to wait for a floor to be put in my bathroom!

Today, August 21, 2020,  I called Home Depot's finance department to inquire about my refund. They told me I had to go to the store and they would have to do it from their end. A partial refund was already in the computer and I inquired about the rest of the money. When someone comes and picks up the material I have in my kitchen, the three boxes of planks, transitional strips, and molding then I will get the full refund. Once I get my statement from Home Depot I will be able to confirm that I will get a complete refund.

Saturday morning, August 22, the damaged merchandise was picked up. After being in my kitchen for a month and a half, it is now gone and I will begin the process all over again with a different company. Praying that from now on, all goes well!

"If you are going through hell,
keep going."
Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment