We left Carmel on Tuesday, June 1, 2021, after a cozy group hug and two went off to meet a couple to begin a two day camping trip and four of us began our journey home. I found it odd to find a Mexican grocery store called El Toro Loco Supermarket in the middle of nowhere! We stopped and purchased drinks for our lunch. I figured the store was there to cater to the many field hands I had seen along the way. We had a picnic at a park named Lost Hill and enjoyed left over pizza, salad and cake! It seemed that the returning was longer than the going and I was happy to exit the back seat of the Toyota Tacoma when we arrived home. Luna and Finn were also happy to be going for a walk after spending a few days with a dog sitter!.I decided to take three members of my family to dinner since I would be leaving the following day on June 3. It was an excellent choice to go to the Olive Pit because the restaurant had excellent food! What fun being with my family and enjoying the perfect warm weather as we sat in the airy patio.
My return home the following day worked out perfectly for me because a wheel chair was waiting for me at the airport, went through security and to my gate and I was the first one on the plane. Another wheel chair waited for me when I arrived in Denver and I was wheeled to pick up my luggage and then to the train that would take me to Union Station. I did have to hobble from Track One to Track Seven and arriving in Arvada I limped to my car in the parking garage. All in all my knee did not give me any trouble or pain! When I got home I thanked God for a wonderful vacation, for my lovely family and for getting me home safely.
Pictures on this trip were taken by me, my daughter and my granddaughter. The pictures below are random shots sent to me via their phones.
Checking out the cute cake, a deer near the place where we stayed, cacti plants seem to grow all over, Salmon Creek Falls and decorated tent, friends in front of tent that housed four bodies, catching the last rays of sun, early morning coffee, sporting new knit hats made by their friend, and a sunset over the ocean are memories recorded on our brains!
"Because when you
stop and look around,
this life is pretty amazing!"
Dr. Seuss
When I erased On The Road Again I had to redo it so it may not be the same as the original one. The comments I had received were also erased!
ReplyDelete