First step was to get on the Internet and inquire where fig goat cheese could be purchased. Trader Joe's, Target, Amazon, King Sooper's, Sprouts, Whole Foods, Walmart and Costco were checked. Second step was to click each store and check their menu to see if they carried the item. When I found a few possibilities, I headed out to find the fig goat cheese. Clerks had never heard of fig goat cheese and no one seemed to carry it. Walmart did not have it but King Sooper's had goat cheese but no fig goat cheese. I purchased a small roll of the cheese. Sprouts had fig jams so that would be my next stop. Along the way I was told that fig goat cheese is a seasonal thing and to try around Christmas time. I did not feel like driving to Trader Joe's in Boulder so my decision will be to mix the fig spread from Sprouts with the plain goat cheese and that will have to do! Once I have all the ingredients for my salad I will prepare the delicious sounding salad! Ingredients for my salad will be the yellow watermelon, sliced cucumber, walnuts, mint leaves, and goat fig cheese.
The goat cheese reminded me of how my grandmother made cottage cheese. I remember her placing a bottle of milk on the window sill and letting it get sour and what ever formed at the top of the bottle would be cottage cheese. The fig spread tasted like any jam or jelly with tiny seeds. I think the salad will be sweet, the cheese will be salty and the mint will give it a refreshing taste. It should be good!
Did you like it?I like the soft goat cheese.To me it does not taste salty. I never used to like figs, but as I've gotten olderI have come to appreciate it. It's good on plain pizza with carmelized onions,and dollops of goat cheese and Mozzarella. Buy a premade crust from sprouts or King Sooper!
ReplyDeleteOnce I am finished with the yellow watermelon, I probably will never prepare this salad!
ReplyDelete