My daughter and her best friend from school have been buddies for what seems forever! This weekend her friend's son was getting married and my daughter and her husband arrived on Saturday for the wedding. I was super excited to see my family even though I knew it would be a short visit. When they arrived they were craving Mexican food and we went to Santiago's in Arvada. We love their chile! Returning home we visited, watched the Olympics, and they asked what they could do around the house. I had two old computers in the house that needed to be put in the garage and he took them out for me. My daughter got a step ladder and cleaned my kitchen overhead lamp glass since I no longer do anything that requires a ladder! And then it was time to take them to the Marriott where they would spend two nights.
On Sunday I picked them up after mass and we went to her father's home for lunch and conversation. I then drove them back to the Marriott for the wedding at 6 p.m. Monday morning I picked them up and they came to my house for breakfast before I took them to Old Town Arvada Rail Station. They caught the train at 9:27 a.m. and they are now gone after a fast three day visit!
Even though the visit was short I enjoyed seeing them and spending time together. When I returned from taking them to the G Line the house seemed so empty. Strange how I can be alone most of the time and yet never feel lonely. Today with them gone a feeling of loneliness came over me and made me realize how much I miss them and enjoy their company!
"Sometimes you need to be alone.
not to be lonely, but to enjoy
your free time being by yourself."
Anonymous
No comments:
Post a Comment