Saturday, April 29, 2023

A Graduation Party

 I was working at the Archdiocese of Denver when two baby girls were born in 2001. One was my granddaughter and the other was the lady I worked with who gave birth to her baby girl! Today, my friend's baby celebrated graduating from Regis University. Her party was fun with good food, great music, and I got to see people I had not seen for many years. Many of her friends who attended school with her were present at the party, but the people I enjoyed talking to were her parents, her grandparents, and some friends. 

The grandfather, who is a singer, sang a couple of songs in Spanish in honor of his granddaughter and gave a speech dedicated to her. Her mother interpreted his beautiful words to English since there were many present who did not know Spanish. The young graduate has two siblings and I got to meet them. I knew them as tiny tots when the children were born in Colorado. I had not seen them since their move to Maryland, and the young boy, who is a junior in high school, told me he was two years old when they left Colorado. 

The tacos were cooked outside and the chicken, beef and barbeque tacos were perfect! They were tasty and complimented the beans, calabacitas, green and red salsa, chips, and fruit. The desserts were churros, colorful gelatin, and a strawberry decorated cake! 




The music was provided by a D.J who happened to be the graduate's cousin. Before long the young people were up and dancing joined by some of the older folks!

It was fun taking pictures and I marveled at how fast time flies by and how our friendship continues. I liked having the picture with the graduate's Mom because she and I worked together at the Archdiocese of Denver in the Hispanic Office.  Around 2007 she her family moved to Maryland and she works in Washington D.C. I am so happy and proud to know her and admire her way of thinking! Her Bio on the Internet is impressive!


 I was amazed at the three kids who are at ease in either Spanish or English. She and her husband have done a great job in raising their three children. As was said in the grandfather's talk, and later in the graduate's speech, "None of this could have been done without family and friends!"  I thought it was a nice gesture for the graduate to call the some of the girls that are in her graduating class for a picture.






"Success is nothing if you don't
have the right people to share it with;
you're just going to end up lonely."
Selena Gomez

1 comment:

  1. And now she goes out into the big, bad world. I dont envy her, it is much harder these days or so think. Description of all the food made my mouth water and my stomach growl.

    ReplyDelete