Monday, April 10, 2023

Feeling Complete on Easter Sunday

I got up at 5:45 a.m. to attend the earliest mass at Spirit of Christ Catholic Community at seven. I thought it was going to be extremely crowded, like other Easter masses in the past, but it wasn't. To me it looked like any other Sunday mass. The church was decorated in white with many white lilies and white banners.

Mass was beautiful and the priest gave a wonderful homily. "Instead of saying Happy Easter," he suggested saying. "Christ is Risen!" I sang the hymns, which I usually do not, and it felt great praising God in song. I felt as if my day was complete!



I had been invited to brunch with a family at Cinzzetti's Italian Restaurant at 11:00a.m. I love being treated as a family member! I have been fortunate that through the years I have been "adopted" by  families in the past.  Ciddios, Abeytas, Archibeques, and now the Ciotolas! There were 24 family members and me, making me feel special! Everything I ate was tasty and there was so much to choose that I found exactly the food that I should eat. The first plate was good for me with very little carbs! The second plate had items I probably should not have eaten and by the time I was ready for dessert I had thrown my dietary restrictions out the window! Everything I ate, I enjoyed, and chatting with my friends was fun! I felt as if my day was complete.

Four birthdays were celebrated, happy birthday sung, presents opened and everyone was happy! Even the strangers at the table next to us joined in and sang Happy Birthday!


When it was suggested to go to Blackhawk, four of us drove up to try our luck! It was fun playing the slots, winning little pots and then losing what had been won. We returned home close to five and again I felt complete except my purse was a little bit lighter! All I can say is that I had a fun Easter Sunday!

"The great gift of

Easter is hope."

Basil Hume

No comments:

Post a Comment