Hoping to find a cooler place than in Arvada, some friends and I drove to Evergreen, Colorado for lunch. Someone had seen a write up on a restaurant called Murphy's and located about 30 some miles away from Arvada. On Tuesday, August 22, 2023, five of us went on our adventure!
Sitting in the air-conditioned vehicle we were comfortable as we saw many green pine trees, some wildflowers along the side of the road, blue skies, white clouds, a lake, the waterfall and one elk. I did not see the elk, but I knew something had been seen by all the yelling coming from the backseat.
The restaurant is on the main road in Evergreen and since we were sitting outside we could hear all the vehicles rumbling and reving along the road. The noise did not distract from the attentive waitresses and bar tender. Three in our group had Margaritas and they said they were excellent and one had a beer. I had water. After waiting for about half an hour we were situated outside under two large umbrellas and we found it to be pleasant with a slight breeze.
I enjoyed my veggie sandwich on a special seeded bread and a salad with Dijon mustard dressing, one person had a delicious looking hamburger, two had salmon with a beautiful mixed salad and one had a beet salad. The food was presented in a more upscale way, fancier than I have ever eaten in the mountains. The steady line of people coming in kept all the seats filled until about 2:30 p.m. It is a popular place and has been in existence since 2016. The owners said in an article about the food they serve; cuisine as fresh and natural as the scenery around them.
Lots of laughter, serious discussions, and a wonderful time hanging with friends in a beautiful place!
"The mountains are calling
and I must go."
John Muir
No comments:
Post a Comment