Sunday, November 19, 2023

London Fog Coat

 


Around the '60's I purchased an expensive, well for me it was expensive, coat by the brand of London Fog. As the years went by, I stopped wearing it though I would use it for Halloween when I dressed as a spy or detective. Every time I downsized, I could not bring myself to get rid of the coat. I would push it back to the rear of my closet so for sixty years I have looked at the coat but did not have the heart to get rid of it. I knew I would never wear the coat and I could not understand my attachment to it.

The look of my coat today is not the same as when I wore heels and proudly wore it to work. I put it on and the look with sneakers just does not do it! The coat seemed heavier than what I remembered! I wondered if the brand is still in existence and looked it up on the Internet. It surprised me that London Fog trench coats are very similar to mine so it never goes out of style!

This year, in 2023, I did a major clearing of many of my clothes, yet I could not get rid of my London Fog. It still looked brand new! Then I happened to read on Facebook where someone had entered: Do not think of what you are giving away but think of someone who might need it.

I pictured someone in the cold wearing my coat and that was all I needed, I put the coat in a goodwill bag!

"Living in the past and thinking 

someday you will wear a favorite outfit

is not enough reason to hang on to clothes

hanging in your closet!"

E. Moscoso

No comments:

Post a Comment