Wednesday, September 21, 2016

An Interesting Walk

"But the beauty is in the
walking --we are betrayed
by destinations."
Gwyn Thomas

One of the things I used to do in the past was walk. I would walk around Berkeley Lake, Rocky Mountain Lake, and in my neighborhood. It has been years since I took daily walks and lately I have begun walking again but this time it is around Lake Arbor in Arvada. During my walks I have seen  geese, fish, birds, dogs and clouds.

A goose found a small puddle to drink water and I wondered why it would drink from a puddle and not while it swims in the lake. Another puddle had dog prints in the greenish-turquoise water.

A heron in a tree and a horse in the clouds were spotted by my daughter and out came our cameras! A family of geese rested under a shade tree on a hot day.










I look forward to my walks, it is good exercise and I wonder what interesting thing I will spot along the way!

"My grandmother started walking
five miles a day when she was sixty.
She is ninety-seven now,
and we don't know where
the heck she is!"
Ellen DeGeneres


No comments:

Post a Comment