Sunday, September 25, 2016

Everything Comes in Threes

When I sneeze it is usually three times. If my phone rings I usually answer on the third ring. And so on. Yesterday three things happened as I walked around Lake Arbor in Arvada.

The first thing was that a dog I wouldn't mind having was being walked by his master. What a beauty; the dog not the master! The blondish dog is one that I could easily make my buddy. That is, if I wanted a dog! A labradoodle that does not shed, is cute, and from what I hear, a good companion. The man praised his dog highly as the dog looked up at me with light brown eyes. When he sniffed around my feet, I did not have a fear of him ripping my shoe off because he seemed so gentle. Yes, if I ever decide to get a dog, I will look into a rescue labradoodle! Later, on the Internet, I found out it is a cross between a Labrador Retriever and a Poodle.

The second observation was a large group of people in white t-shirts, singing, and milling around. My first thought was that I was late for the Spirit of Christ people who were going to walk around the lake that morning. What an organized bunch at SOC, I thought, it is really a big event. As I neared a stage there was some sort of selection for a princess and a young woman with a child in a stroller (one of many strollers) I asked her, "What kind of a gathering is this?" Her reply was that it was a yearly event for Apraxia children. She must have seen my puzzled look since I had no idea what Apraxia meant. "It is for children with speaking disabilities."

The dictionary description: A nervous disorder making a person unable to perform movement. Loss of ability to perform coordinated movements or manipulate objects in the absence of motor or sensory impairment which includes speech. Another definition was the it is a neurological condition characterized by loss of the ability to perform activities that a person is physically able to do.

Wow, I had never heard of Apraxia and had no idea that there were so many people (children) with the problem.
The third thing was when I saw the plumed hats of the Knights of Columbus and a group of people walking toward the lake. I  took pictures of the dedicated persons. They walked from Spirit of Christ  church to the park singing hymns while the priest carried the monstrance with the Blessed Sacrament. A police car followed them to stop traffic as they crossed streets and he kiddingly said to me as I took pictures, "Did you get my good side?"




It was a cool, sunny morning. The lake gave a sense of peacefulness, especially when I saw ducks or geese calmly floating on the lake and the sun made the ripples in the water sparkle.


"We adore You Most Holy Lord,
Jesus Christ, here and in all the
churches of the whole world,
and we bless You
because by your Cross you have
redeemed the world."
                                                                 

1 comment: