Thursday, October 6, 2016

Variety is the Spice of Life

On my daily walks I try to put a bit of variety on where I go walking. I have walked at Lake Arbor in Arvada,



Berkeley in Denver,


and Jim Baker Reservoir in Adams County.


Today I walked at Majestic Park in Arvada and realized that it is a hilly place to walk. Even though it looks flat, I did some puffing in some areas!



My eyes see so much beauty while my body (I hope) is getting some benefit from my walks. An article I read had this information: A brisk walk can help one in maintaining a healthy weight, prevent or manage heart disease, high blood pressure or diabetes. Walking also strengthens bones and muscles, helps improve one's mood and improves balance and coordination.

"If you seek creative ideas,
go walking.
Angels whisper to a
man when he goes for a walk."
Raymond I. Myers

2 comments: