As I walked two dogs in California I found a penny. It brought a smile to my face because I knew that my son was near. I picked up the penny, put it in my pocket and my walk took on a bouncier step, the world looked brighter, and I knew my son was somewhere near. Every time I find a penny, I know he is letting me know he is close.
As I told the dogs about how much they would have liked my son and how he would bring home strays. I told them about Poker, Black Sabbath and about my daughter's dog, Chico. I mentioned Pablo but they looked at me with their brown eyes as if to say, do you have a treat? Of course, anyone watching would have thought I was talking to myself or on my phone but it was good remembering my son!
He is never far from my thoughts, but when I find a penny, I just believe he is really close!
No comments:
Post a Comment