My comments of not cooking is well known by most of my friends. The majority of my friends are excellent cooks and love to be in the kitchen. I do not! Today they would have been shocked as I turned on my oven and made Beer Bread. In my refrigerator I had an bottle of Coors beer with the "best used by Sept 18, 2017" on the label. I was going to toss the beer but then decided to make a Beer Bread and use the expired beer. It turned out to be okay and my house smelled like a brewery! Warm bread with jelly sure did hit the spot!
I prepared a vegetable dish and it looked so pretty I took a picture of it. The weather is cold but I am in my warm kitchen eating food prepared by my hands that do not enjoy cooking. I had already watched television, read a bit and worked on my Bible Study lessons so I decided that
cooking would be a fun thing to do today.
"Usually, one's cooking
is better than one thinks it is!"
Julia Child
You might not like to cook, but you do a good job when you do! Warm bread and jelly on a cold, cold day, Yum!
ReplyDelete