Thursday, February 7, 2019

Hints Being Tossed My Way




Painting Our Lady of SnowsA few years ago, I wrote a blog about Our Lady of the Snows located in Belleville, Illinois. The first time I heard about Our Lady of the Snows was when I was in St. Louis, Missouri. The Shrine was not too far and I thought about going to visit, but changed my mind and never went. The second time I heard about Our Lady of Snows was in doing research about a picture of Our Blessed Mother and an airplane. A friend had found a picture of what looked like the Blessed Mother and there happened to be an airplane in the picture. I found out that the "the flying priest" belonged to the Order of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate residing at Our Lady of the Snows Shrine in Illinois. See my blog of May 5, 2017 regarding the Shrine and the flying priest who flew to remote missions to take medical aid and supplies.

As time has a way of passing, about one year and a half has gone by since that blog. A few weeks ago a friend of mine told me about a church in Wheatridge, Colorado. She told me that the mass is celebrated in Latin, the priest has his back to the congregation, women cover their heads, wear skirts or dresses and the men dress in slacks. "It's like mass used to be in the past," she said.  I was curious about the church and looked it up.

It's name is Our Lady of the Snows. I get a feeling that Our Lady is tossing hints my way. A pilgrimage to the Shrine is working its way into my heart and thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment