I debated on whether I should wear my mask and decided on not wearing it because I would be outside away from other people. There are rules in place about staying healthy now that the pandemic of the coronavirus seems to be world-wide! Wearing a mask is one of the precautions.
Arriving at the park, I got out of the car and began walking up the hill. I noticed that it was a bit windy. Would the wind blow my baseball cap off my head? I found a bench and sat down and noticed a sea shell on the bench. Someone had either forgotten it or it was left on the bench for people to enjoy. Two people were flying kites. It looked like fun because the wind continued to blow! Suddenly, a thought entered my mind. What if someone, blocks away from me, sneezed or coughed without covering their mouth. Could the virus hitch a ride on the wind and reach me?
I jumped off the bench and practically ran to my car. I felt safe in my car but it wasn't until I arrived home, my car was in the garage and I was in the house that I felt completely safe. I did the usual routine of wiping everything down with a Clorox wipe and washing my hands while singing the Happy Birthday song twice before I could relax. Even now, I hope the virus did not float my way and if it did, that I cleaned it all away!
Strange how my life has been completely turned up side down and the fear of the virus has me doing things I had never done before. And even after all the measures that are done, no one is entirely sure they have conquered the battle!
"Worry is like a rocking chair:
It gives you something to do
but never gets you anywhere!"
Erma Bombeck


No comments:
Post a Comment