I noticed how careful the kid handled the materials. He brought in one box at a time though I knew he could have brought all three boxes at the same time. He was just being careful, almost as if he knew my experience with the previous delivery by Home Depot. Already I liked Lowe's better! The materials are now in my kitchen and I will wait to hear from the contractor as to the date he will be out to begin the putting down of the new floor.
On September 11, 2020, I received a call from the installer around 4:30 p.m. asking that I call them to set up a date to come install the floor. On Monday I will contact them and maybe I will have a new floor next week! Wednesday or Friday will not work for me and I am hoping that Tuesday or Thursday will be the day that the installer can get my new floor into the bathroom.
I called the installer early Monday morning and left a message. At three-thirty I received a call from the installer and his first available date would be Wednesday, September 16, 2020. As fate would have it, Wednesday would not work for me. I told the installer that I was meeting forty people for lunch at 1 p.m. and I could not cancel the lunch date. I was torn between rescheduling, and waiting another two weeks or if he could do the installing of the floor before noon then Wednesday would work. He said he would arrive at 8 in the morning and would be out of my house before noon.
Now I have to plan to be ready for lunch before eight in the morning because while he is here I will not be able to get ready! Lucky for me, the installer arrived at eight and after assembling all of his gear he began installing the floor. I was amazed at everything he set up in the yard; saw, cords, drills, etc.
The feeling I got was that Lowe's had sent a professional installer and I was impressed at how diligently he worked to complete the job. He knew I was on a tight schedule and as promised, he finished the job by 11:30 a.m., giving me plenty of time to prepare for the luncheon.
"If God wanted us to bend over,
He'd put diamonds on the floor!"
Joan Rivers
No comments:
Post a Comment