Thursday, September 17, 2020

When It Rains It Pours

The quote of When It Rains, It Pours I find interesting. Usually, it is unfortunate happenings, but in my case it is all good!  This is my story about face masks.

I had one face mask  It was the paper disposal one and for a couple of months I used it.  When I returned from being out, I would spray it with disinfectant, hang it on a door knob and reuse it. When my daughter visited me in July she said, "Mom, those are disposal masks and they are called disposal for a reason. Use it and trash it." She purchased a box of masks and left about ten masks for me to use. 

It seemed that everyone I knew had neat cloth masks, either homemade or purchased through Amazon. It also seemed that many places were selling them. Almost every day I would get on the Internet and look at the different masks and debate whether I should order me some cloth masks. I really liked the Mexican embroidered ones but could not justify paying $20.00. I continued using the disposal masks my daughter had given me and after one or two uses I would toss them away. 

One day I got a text from my granddaughter and she showed me a mask she had just purchased through Amazon for twelve dollars. I liked it. I went on Amazon and looked for the same mask but could never find it.

In the mail from National Pen, I received a black mask as a sample. I have ordered bulk items, for different groups from this company, so they sent me a sample. A day later I visited a friend and she gave me a mask with the flag of the United States. Now I had two cloth masks; a black one and a patriotic one. I ended ordering one from Amazon to save shipping costs for something else I had ordered. Yesterday, at a get together with friends, I was given a cute bag with three cloth ones made by another friend . She told me she has probably made over 100 masks for friends. When I told her she could make money by selling them she said, "No, I make them so that friends can be safe." Now I have a mask to match any color I am wearing. Without me having to buy one, I have ended up with six cloth masks! So you see, when it rains it pours! 





Today, meeting at a friend's home to see the movie Fatima, another friend gave me a present and guess what I found in the gift bag! A beautiful face mask! That gives me one mask for every day of the week!


"Friends are God's way
of taking care of us."
Gypsy Souls


No comments:

Post a Comment