Colorado is having forest fires in the mountains and the largest one is the Cameron Peak fire. It is west of Ft. Collins and near Estes Park. It is the largest fire in Colorado's history burning over 173,536 acres! The pictures from the local news Stations are alarming as roiling smoke seems to cover the whole area. The night pictures are even more frightening to see the red fire appearing in large areas. Fire fighters from many states are arriving to fight the fire which is still not contained. I live in Arvada and we have been warned to stay indoors due to the smoke and how dangerous breathing the smoke can be if one suffers from upper respiratory conditions. In Spanish we have a saying that no matter how bad something is, there is always some good that comes from it. (No ay un mal que por bien no venga!) I agree with the saying because on or about October 13, 2020, I went out to get my mail and was astounded by the clouds in the sky. The whole sky was beautiful!
"When I admire the wonders
of a sunset or the beauty of the moon,
my soul expands in the worship
of the creator."
Mahatma Gandhi
The colorful clouds appeared because of the smoke from the forest fires. On Friday, October 16, 2020, the light in my house had an orange tinge so I opened the door and there was another outstanding sky!
Amidst the horrible fires, the evacuations, the destruction, and lives lost there is some thing that makes us feel better. I suppose it's God's way of letting us know not to give up hope and wait for a better day!
No comments:
Post a Comment