Waking up this morning, I was ready to begin Monday morning doing the list of chores. Post Office, Bank, Grocery Shopping, Return an Item to Costco, Get Gas, Laundry and what ever else needed to be done. Before getting up on Monday morning, I thought about everything that I would do now that the weekend was over. Out of my pajamas, into the shower, eating breakfast and I was ready to go! Since the Pandemic I find the weekends to be long and I hate to say it, but boring.
"Better three hours too soon,
than a minute too late"
Shakespeare
I got on the computer and sent a message to my friends on Messenger -- Good morning my friends on this beautiful Monday morning!" The date on the screen came up as eleven. I looked at the calendar and it should have been the twelfth. What was wrong? Could the computer have screwed up? When it hit me that it was Sunday and not Monday I felt frustrated. All my plans were for naught because I had wrongfully thought it was Monday and here it was, Sunday. Maybe because I had virtually attended mass on Saturday my brain told me it was Sunday.
Sunday is a day of rest so some of my chores I would not do and the twelfth was Columbus Day or Indigenous Day so some of what I had planned for Monday I still would not be able to do! Sunday seemed to go on forever. I texted family, I spoke on the phone to some friends, and I watched Netflix. I found myself eating more than usual and even opened a chocolate bar that had been in my freezer for about a year. The wind gave the day an even sadder and depressing mood. I took a nap and when I got up I decided to make a pizza. I felt as if Sunday had been split into two days. My morning and now my afternoon really made me feel as if the one day was two days!
"Yesterday is gone.
Tomorrow has not come.
We have only today.
Let us begin."
Mother Teresa
Today I still can't do much because banks are closed, but I will do laundry and go grocery shopping. A friend called because I had a book for her and we met near a McDonald's and I gave her the book. I headed to King Soopers to buy some fruit and would save the rest on my list for tomorrow, which should be Tuesday, I think!
"Time is long,
but life is short."
Stevie Wonder
Spending so much rime by ourselves because of Covid, makes one day seem just like the last one and the next one!I often don't know what day it actcually is!
ReplyDelete