Monday, January 24, 2022

Traveling The World

 I visited Ancient Ruins, saw Van Gogh paintings, traveled through Mexico, saw Russian landscapes, viewed different beaches, looked at food from around the world, saw mountains, rivers, farmlands with different crops and many more scenes and never moved from my computer! I was able to travel to different places by assembling jig saw puzzles. Another fun feature is using my own photographs to make a puzzle!


Growing up, jig saw puzzles were something my whole family would do as we gathered around our kitchen table. When I broke my ankle, working jig saw puzzles became my daily fun since I could not do much of anything! And not too long ago, I discovered puzzles on my computer, and I may have become addicted! I have many pictures to choose from and some I buy with points I earn as I finish a picture. There are six levels: 24 pieces (easy), 54 (medium), 96 (hard), 150 (expert), 388 (master), or 600 (grandmaster). Each category has about 15-20 pictures making me feel that I am traveling and seeing many sights. So far, I have done, Madagascar, Machu Picchu, Asia, Wild Animals, winter views, forests, Thanksgiving, fruit, fountains, hot air balloons plus those mentioned in the first paragraph.  As I complete one, another one is unlocked and that in itself gives me a feeling of satisfaction. The winter shots are fun because I am in a warm house working the icy, but beautiful, snow shots. When a picture is completed, a photograph lets me know what it really looks like, and I enjoy looking at the clear and sharp photo.


The puzzles keep my brain searching for color or shapes to complete the picture. I have not attempted the Grandmaster because the Master takes me about three days to complete. 

"Life is like a jig saw puzzle.

You have to see the whole picture,

then put it together, piece by piece."

Terry McMillan


No comments:

Post a Comment