Friday, December 16, 2022

A Dinner to Celebrate Christmas



 The house was decorated with candles, a Christmas tree, angels and greenery. Five "chicks" arrived around 5:30 in that evening to enjoy a warm rum drink! We were given sparkling antlers that we wore most of the evening. The table was beautifully set with napkin holders made of birds and around white cloth napkins.

 
We sipped our drinks and talked about everything under the sun. It doesn't matter how often we get together; we always find something to talk about. When it was time to eat the vegetarian lentil chili was heated along with the green chili and cheese tamales. Shredded cheese, Fritos and sour cream were ready to put on top of the chili. I missed the onions and even though the hostess said she could go chop some up, I told her she didn't need to do it because I was the only one that wanted the onion. It was a tasty meal! The lady who made the chili was kind enough to make one without cumen because I do not like that spice and one that was gluten free for another lady who can't eat anything with flour. The cook did say she would no longer make three different types of chili. She could probably put cumen in mine and I might not even know the difference, but the gluten free lady would get ill if she ate something that wasn't gluten free. For dessert we had gluten free cake!





Our hostess had some antique looking wooden puzzles that we put together. She was planning on giving them to a neighbor with children. I read them the story of The Legend of the Poinsettia instead of the traditional Twas the Night Before Christmas. Some of us exchanged gifts! Every year we tell each other that we won't exchange gifts, but, who listens?! 

There are six in the group and we always have a fun time regardless of what we do. One member of our group was out of town, so she was unable to be with us and we missed her.  I am thankful that we became friends and enjoy each other's company! "Chicks" are best friends forever!



"There is nothing on this earth
more prized than true friendship."
Thomas Aquinas

No comments:

Post a Comment