The day was windy and I saw trash containers knocked over. Everybody hurried to straighten up the containers so the trash trucks could pick them up. Later, the recyclable trucks rumbled through the street picking up the recyclables. I rolled the empty containers into the garage. When I looked in my front yard there was a large box with Home Depot written on its side. I felt anger that someone, maybe one of my neighbors, had not put the box in their recyclables. I picked it up and threw it into my bin for the following week yet felt upset that one of my neighbors had just let the box fly away. If it had been my box, I would have chased the box and not let it land in someone else's yard.
Three days later, I was preparing some gifts to be mailed to my family in California. One gift was large and heavy and I thought I would drive to the USP store and buy a box. Then, I remembered the sturdy box I found in my yard and was in my recyclable bin. I went out to the garage and brought the box inside. It was perfect to mail the gifts.
My first thought was to thank God. He knew that I would need a box to mail my stuff and maybe he told the angels to put it in my front yard! I felt bad that I had been angry and upset with neighbors and realized that no matter what happens in our lives, we should accept it and not get upset, because God may have another idea for what we think is a problem!
"Angels represent God's personal care
for each one of us."
Andrew Greeley
Lessons learned!
ReplyDelete