Saturday, December 10, 2022, ladies from Spirt of Christ Catholic Community attended Beauty and the Beast at the Arvada, Center. Even though it is a young person's story, the seniors enjoyed the musical story. Great acting and singing kept the audience wondering what would happen next. The dancers were terrific as they spun, leaped, rolled and marched across the stage. Humorous and serious parts kept everyone mesmerized and wondering what the outcome of the story would be between the monster, Gaston and Belle.
I remembered taking my granddaughters to see the movie many years ago, but I had forgotten most of what happens. What fascinates me is the how the sets are moved around, doors appear, and it is done in such a way that the audience is not aware of what is going on until the next scene appears.
In the past, whenever I attended a play, everyone dressed up. Now, in this day and age, not so much. I liked that many of the children who came to the play were dressed in Christmas outfits or wearing a yellow gown like Belle.
A fun play for both adults and children and I would recommend seeing it, though there are some scary parts that might frighten the children. But maybe not! The good thing is that the ending is happy, and the standing ovation proved it!
No comments:
Post a Comment