Andy and Barbara near Trail Ridge Road


If I am home and not traveling, my Arvada family and I have headed to Estes Park to celebrate Easter. My granddaughter was about one year old when we began spending time in the mountains. I have many memories of swimming, roller skating, hiking, wandering in and out of stores, buying sweets in candy stores, playing in a playground with swings and slides, sitting in hot tubs,
playing board games, coloring Easter eggs, watching movies and popping popcorn. Saturday evening we reserved for dying eggs and before long it became a competition to see who could come up with the most colorful or unusual egg!
On Easter morning, I would attend mass at Our Lady of the Mountains Catholic church and some years I would be in summer clothes while other times I'd be bundled in winter clothes. Before leaving for mass I would hide colored eggs and/or plastic eggs filled with surprises so when my grandchildren woke up they could hunt for the eggs. Sometimes, the resort would have an Easter Egg hunt and my grandchildren would join thirty other kids in looking for the colored eggs! One of my favorite times was when my California family visited and we stayed in three separate cabins.
We would eat Easter brunch at one of the local restaurants or sometimes I would prepare something at the condo where we were staying. One of my favorite places was sitting in the dining room and looking out at Lake Estes. A fascinating view is seeing elk wandering around Estes or watching them slowly cross the road or huddled in a meadow.

Rocky Mountain National Park
is a great place to see wild life!



No comments:
Post a Comment