Sunday, June 2, 2013

Matthew 5:16

Americo Moscoso and his wife recently visited Peru for about their twelfth time.  He told me that nothing so spiritual had ever happened to him in all of his visits to his homeland. The story is his and the writing is mine.


Touched By A Ray of Sunshine

As a boy, I attended Immaculate Conception Cathedral,
and now as a man, on Easter Sunday,
I returned with my spouse.
In days of old
I remembered sitting toward the rear
of the huge church.
On this day, my wife and I sat close to the front,
near to where the priest's words
echoed throughout the church
and reached our ears more easily.
A glorious day
when Christ ascended on high
and people gathered to pray.

My wife was devout,
while I had my doubt.
Sitting in the pew
I noticed a radiant stream of sunshine
shooting in from above.
The beam of light landed on me,
yet, no one else was hit by the sunny light.
I was the only one illuminated
by what appeared to be a huge flashlight beam.
No matter which way I moved
the ray moved with me.
What could it mean?
A message?
A sign?


As I sat in the puddle of light
my mind and soul were filled with wonder
and I felt my heart soften.
A feeling of peace and joy entered my being
along with a huge capacity for love.
My resistance melted
into a happy glow
as that ray of sunshine
landed on me from the heaven's above.


"Let your light so shine before men, 
that they may see your good works, 
and glorify your Father which is in
heaven."
Matthew 5:16

 

E. Moscoso
June 1, 2013




No comments:

Post a Comment