The teams, in different colored t-shirts with "Sand in the City" on the front of each shirt, reminded me of ants working together. The team members load up wooden forms with sand and water and then pack it down. When the forms are removed the packed sand will be ready to sculpt. I was told that the hope is that by this evening the sand will be a work of art!
I returned later to see the finished product. The Arvada sculptures looked very amateur compared to sand sculptures I have seen in California and Mexico. Maybe the sand here is different than the sand along the coast. It still is amazing to see what can be done with a bunch of sand!
My favorites were a car and a little bear with a ball.
"Technically speaking,
you can build anything
out of sand; it doesn't
mean you do it."
Eric Bana
The porta-pottys, in pink and blue, made it easy for males and females to know exactly which potty to use!
No comments:
Post a Comment