Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Creative Tree

Today at our annual book club Christmas luncheon, one of the members mentioned she had seen the most unusual tree made up of books at the Standley Lake Public Library in Jefferson County. Immediately, I liked the idea of putting a picture of it in my blog.

After the luncheon, I drove to the library and limped all the way to the rear of the building to see the creative and different tree.  It was smaller than I had pictured it, yet the idea of using red and green books was quite clever. Tiny lights were draped around the books and a few decorations adorned the book tree! A star at the top completed the tree!

I couldn't help but think that only persons who love to read would appreciate the different tree. At the luncheon, someone said, "Aren't we lucky that we love books!" All the members of the book club agreed as we discussed Truman Capote's A Christmas Memory!


"He who has not Christmas
in his heart will never find it
under a tree." Roy L. Smith

My quote would be:
 "She with Christmas
 in her heart 
will find it in a tree made of books!"

No comments:

Post a Comment